Nje stuhi e fuqishme goditi Bruklinin kete mbasdite
B***@aol.com
2010-09-16 23:03:55 UTC
Nje stuhi e fuqishme goditi Bruklinin kete mbasdite

BENSONHURST _ BROOKLYN NY : The Office of Emergency Management issued
alerts for this crazy weather, "Alert issued 9/16/10 at 5:35 PM. The National
Weather Service has issued a Tornado Warning until 6:00 PM in Staten Island
and Brooklyn. Immediately go indoors and/or to the lowest floor of your
building for shelter. Stay away from windows," and "Tornado Warning issued for
Queens until 6 PM. Take shelter on lower floors. Stay away from windows."
There's definitely hail hitting in Brooklyn.

Update: Was there a tornado? National Weather Service says, "AT 529 PM
EDT... NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO INDICATE A TORNADO.
THIS TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR PARK SLOPE... OR NEAR VERRAZANO-NARROWS
BRIDGE... MOVING EAST AT 30 MPH."

Update 5:58 p.m.: The Twitterverse is FREAKING OUT about the tornado in
Park Slope. "Tornado warning in Park Slope? Literally in my neighborhood! It's
so crazy outside right now!!" (via) and "Tornado just touch down Park
Slope.. Tht was very amazing to see.." (via). But one person Tweeted for more
backup, "There was a tornado in Park Slope??

Update 6:13 p.m.: Because of downed trees in Queens, Long Island Rail Road
service is affected—which means Penn Station is a mess with delays. Find
out more at the MTA website. We're also hearing a roof was torn off of a
Brooklyn building and that there are numerous trees downed in Brooklyn, too.
Also, trees have also fallen on some vehicles on the highways in both Queens
and Brooklyn.

Update 6:36 p.m.: We hear that someone in a vehicle on the Grand Central
Parkway, where many trees fell onto cars, died from his/her injuries. Also,
there are many issues with subways due to debris on tracks, etc.—check MTA
website for more details./BEQIR SINA/